The Grand Finale in Clarence's five-year run on Cartoon Network has the titular Clarence discovering that Sumo has new friends at West Aberdale.
"It was worth it."
This episode contains examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: The episode, let alone the show, ends with the bulldozer from "Sumo Goes West" briefly returning and destroying West Aberdale Elementary, followed by cutting to Clarence chuckling with an iris in the background with captions on top and bottom saying "Thank you for watching."
- Book-Ends: The episode ends with Clarence cutting Sumo's hair, albeit a strand after Sumo's new friends cut the rest in the second act.
- Continuity Nod: The bulldozer from the first episode of this season returns at the end of this episode and makes a hole in the wall, briefly showing Ms. Baker and Mr. Mozer kissing.
- Mythology Gag: Clarence and Sumo's "Hair Cut Anniversary" is a direct reference to when Clarence cut Sumo's hair when the latter came to the former's house for the sleepover in the pilot.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Clarence becomes ill-gotten of Sumo having new friends, he finds it as a problem that will effect their friendship.
- Worth It: Jeff decides to sit on the couch the trio found in the beginning of the episode.
Jeff: But if I get bedbugs, you guys are paying my hospital bills.
Thank you for watching.