Utopia is in place. Leo starts getting suspicious of the new world. With Zankou's help, he discovers how the Avatars maintain the Utopia: they simply remove from existence anyone who causes conflict. He decides to make the Charmed Ones snap out of their new state of mind to change the world to how it was before.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Avatars are stopped, and those they killed are brought back to life (Leo included). Kyle stays dead, but he becomes a Whitelighter. On the other hand, Leo fears reprisals from the Elders for all this, while Zankou is free to begin a takeover of the Underworld.
- Children Are Innocent: Wyatt and Chris are too young to be affected by what the Avatars are doing. When Leo is killed, the boys cry uncontrollably, while the adults carry on like nothing happened.
- Death Is Cheap: Leo and the others that the Avatars killed are brought back, save Kyle.
- Enemy Mine: Zankou exploits Leo's newfound doubts about the Avatars and convinces they must be driven away. After Leo is killed, the sisters realize what happened and team-up with Zankou.
- Heroic Sacrifice: To convince the sisters something is wrong, Leo willingly commits violence and lets himself be killed to show Phoebe the price of this new world.
- Montage: When Phoebe touches the Book of Shadows, she sees various deaths of prominent characters from throughout the show.
- Put on a Bus: Kyle has been made a Whitelighter and is never seen on the show again, though he did appear in the comics.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: The sisters, Leo, Zankou, and the Avatars remember what happened.
- The Pollyanna: The Avatars essentially affect emotions to leave people in a constant state of bliss, even while acknowledging various problems or tragedies. Only a small number of people are considered too damaged for the process to work, and they're slowly eliminated.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: The Avatars not only rewire people's minds, but they also casually dispose of anyone who creates chaos (no matter how minor that is).
- We Will Meet Again: Zankou gives a non-verbal example to the sisters before departing.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: To get Piper to snap out of it, Phoebe forces her to realize that she went through with remaking the world to be with Leo and then the Avatars killed him mere hours later for creating chaos.