Season 1, Episode 06:
Carrie is seemingly in bed with Mark, where she thanks him for seeing reason and coming back to her. He wakes up with a start in bed, and tells Stephanie that everything's just fine when she asks if he slept well.
He goes to Carrie's apartment later and attempts to smooth over the situation with her. She rebuffs his attempt at making amends and sends him on his way, but smiles to herself afterwards.
Gil and Peter meet up to grab a hot dog before going back to work. They talk about their respective relationships, and Gil points out that Alex is still playing with Peter's emotions before he leaves. At work, Gil calls Rachel and sets up a get-together along with Alex and Peter at his apartment later that night. When she arrives later on, however, he tells her that the get-together was a ploy to have dinner alone with her. After some cajoling, she gets him to reveal information about Peter in exchange for giving him pieces of her clothing and eventually seduces him.
Nikki has been sidelined with Allan's attempts to destroy her business after she broke up with him. After having to deal with clients returning their paintings and her rent going up, Allan meets with her and attempts to win back her love. He tells her that he's planning to divorce Linda and wants to spend the rest of his life with her.
Using the information Gil gave her, Rachel goes to Peter and attempts to woo him while asking him to help with her divorce settlement. She goes to his apartment later to drop off some supporting materials and gets into an argument with Alex, who is cooking dinner, before she leaves.
Stephanie's attempts to contain The Mole are stymied once again by Rachel, who switches out the proofs for the next issue of Communique while using Carrie's keycard to gain access. The next day, Stephanie loses her composure after learning about the sabotage and fires Carrie as a result. Carrie goes to Mark after and blasts him for not corroborating her alibi, and then tells him that admits to her deception about his play before storming off.
- Confess to a Lesser Crime: Carrie attempts to deflect Stephanie's accusations about the sabotage by confessing to having dinner with Mark.
- Erotic Dream: Mark has a dream that he's in bed with Carrie in the opening.
- I Let You Win: Said verbatim by Rachel at the end of her "game" with Gil.
- Let's Just Be Friends: Mark tells Carrie this while attempting to smooth things over with her.
- Not So Stoic: Stephanie loses her calm demeanor after learning that Communique has once again been sabotaged.
- Really Gets Around: Alex implies that Rachel had many extramarital affairs during her last marriage, and tells her as such.
- Remember the New Guy?: Tom, one of the writers at Communique, suddenly shows up and gets a couple of scenes of dialogue with Stephanie, despite never having been seen in meetings (or the show) before.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: During Gil and Rachel's second encounter in his apartment.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: During Rachel's confrontation with Alex in Peter's apartment.
- Spotting the Thread: Peter figures out that something is wrong with Rachel's divorce case when he realizes she doesn't have a valid passport.
- Stalker with a Crush: Allan, to Nikki.
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: When Rachel seduces Gil in his apartment.