While on holiday Sakura makes friends with an old man residing next door. Fujitaka readily encourages her to get to know him and, when she decides to repay the old man's kindness, she knows nothing of material value would be of interest but recalls his fondness for rainbows. Good job there's a Clow card that can make rain.
This episode contains examples of:
- Contrived Coincidence: Utilised by Sakura to ensure the old man gets to see a rainbow after she says goodbye. Lampshaded when he talks to Sonomi about it.
- Cool Old Guy: The old man Sakura befriends happily plays sports with her and listens sympathetically to her when she talks about her (mundane) life.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Grandfather describes his granddaughter Nadeshiko as this, as opposed to Sakura who is very athletic.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Grandfather's relative was Nadeshiko Amamiya, Sakura and Touya's mother.
- Mr. Exposition: Fujitaka takes on this role for Touya and Yukito.
- Older Than They Look: The old man turns out to be Sakura and Touya's great-grandfather.
- The Ghost: Sonomi chooses to play this role while Sakura's around.
- Values Dissonance: To western audiences it can look as though Fujitaka's being too trusting. Played With in that he knows who the old man is.