The Tri-State Police Officers' Convention is here and the Nine-Nine is off to Rochester to participate. As always, Hilarity Ensues.
Holt decides to to run for a seat on the convention council to try and shore up Nine-Nine's reputation after being nearly shut down by the NYPD. To try and increase his chances, he requests that the detectives be on their best behavior. Unfortunately for him, all the detectives want to do is play with the latest gadgets, have fun, and, in the wake of the entire Buffalo PD being arrested for corruption, throw a loud drunken rager for all the participants.
In the mayhem, the detectives lose Holt's laptop containing his presentation for the Cop-Con council. Jake, Charles, and Terry struggle to remember what happened to the computer while severely hungover as Rosa is tasked with keeping Holt occupied as they do so.
Also, Scully meets a kindred spirit in Cindy Shatz and Amy and Gina take it upon themselves to try and help him attract his ideal mate.
This episode provides examples of:
- Birds of a Feather: Scully and Shatz are pretty much the same person. They even dress alike.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Captain Jeffery Bouche seems chipper and friendly but is actually a devious bastard.
- Bittersweet Ending: The photos of the Nine-Nine's drunken hijinks costs Holt the position on the Cop-Con council, and Holt is most upset by the fact that his detectives had an enormous amount of fun without him. But to make things up to him, Jake takes him and the rest of the squad to the Rochester Thermometer Museum, where Holt has an enormous amount of fun.
- The story of Amy jumping a horse into a pool is explained as being the fault of "eight drink Amy" being an equestrian, but bad at it. In "Beach House", Gina went on a quest to find "six drink Amy" and her personality (it was weepy).
- Jake mentions the night shift and the audit and Gina mentions getting hit by a bus.
- Cassandra Truth: No one really believes Holt when he says that the friendly Bouche is an awful person. Then Bouche sabotages Holt's presentation and the Nine-Nine sees that Holt really wasn't exaggerating.
- Dirty Cop: The Buffalo PD is arrested by the feds for accepting bribes.
- Improvised Clothes: Jake makes a shirt out of a pillow case after his gets set on fire.
- Incredibly Lame Fun: While the others find Rochester boring, Holt finds it exciting, especially the Thermometer Museum.
- Man on Fire: During the party, Terry accidentally fired a rocket at Jake, setting his shirt on fire. He jumps on the pool to put it out and ends up wearing a pillow case instead.
- Meaningful Name: It's not a coincidence that Captain Bouche's name is one letter away from the word "douche".
- Mundane Made Awesome: Amy can immediately quite a room just by going "Shh!". Jake finds this to be incredibly arousing.
- Playing Cyrano: Amy and Gina tell Scully what to say when talking to Cindy. Cindy rejects him because he sounded too forward; she preferred the awkward Scully she met at first.
- Robot Buddy: Jake uses a surveillance robot to keep tabs on Holt during the party. Charles gets jealous of it and throws it out a window during the party.
- Too Dumb to Live: The Cold Open has Jake play the classic "hand on warm water" prank on a sleeping Hitchcock. Somehow, Hitchcock got his face in the water instead and had to be saved from drowning.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Jake, Terry and Charles wake up the morning after the party with no memory of the night before and missing Holt's laptop. As they track the laptop down, memories of the party start to come to them, including Jake getting hit by fireworks and Charles throwing a robot out the window.
- Wild Team Party: The Nine-Nine throw their own party while Holt is staying on the other side of the hotel.