Eddie has been out to to the dole office where the supervisor has cut his dole off because their savings are too high (£11.80). He then spends £1.50 on a second hand copy of Parade and a bet on Miss World. Richie tries to fake his death to get a drink from him. Richie laments on why no one will have sex with him (again). Richie makes a slap up grill for 2 consisting of grilled lettuce, beans, green 'bacon' and 'elm' tea. Richie changes the channel which results in a fight and Eddie is thrown out.
The two make up and Eddie confesses to putting a £10.00 bet on Miss China whom, we are told, isn't very poised or attractive. The competition results in a win for Miss France. Eddie destroys the TV in a fit of rage and then confesses to never putting a bet on, he instead spent the money on a slap-up grill to avoid Richie's cooking.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Rather a lot of this humour in the first half of the episode.
- Artistic License Economics: Combined with Anachronism Stew. Eddie's dole is cut because he has too many savings - £11.80, which is then supposed to last up to two months. That little money would not have lasted them anything near as long at the time the show is set.
- Ass Shove: Eddie threatens Richie with a creative version:Eddie: Richard, I'm warning you. If you don't shut up and let me watch Miss World I'm going to stuff your head up your bum. And you'll spend the rest of your life wandering around on all fours looking for the light switch.
- Big "SHUT UP!": In so many words from Eddie:Eddie: Oh, shut up. Every day, yakkety bloody yak, on and on and on! Day in, day out - slime in this ear, slime in that ear! Just! Stop! Talking!
- Bottle Episode: The episode solely focuses on the duo in the flat.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Richie concocts a dinner of burnt green bacon, ruined vegetables and fly-ridden beans.
- I Lied: The missing ₤10 went on Eddies having tea elsewhere after noticing Richie foraging through the window box.note
- Precision F-Strike: A mild humourous version:Eddie: (looks in his cup) What's this?Richie: Elm tea. The gypsies swear by it.Eddie: I bet they do. I bet they say "What the bloody hell is this?"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After their revolting dinner'Eddie: Is there any pudding?Richie: Oh yes.Eddie: Right, I'm off.