Linda becomes desperate to impress the Wagstaff School's PTA president, Joanne, but discovers Joanne is not what she seems. Meanwhile, Bob offends a hardware store owner and tries to get back in his good graces.
- Accidental Misnaming: Mr. Kim's son sometimes calls Teddy "Todd".
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Joanne seems like a nice, friendly type, but she's been skimming money from the PTA's coffers, stealing stuff meant for the charity auction, and is buying science kits from her husband's company.
- Day Dream Surprise: Linda meets Joanne at the restaurant, where Joanne demands Linda sign a contract in blood, then pulls off her face to reveal that of a Big Red Devil, then pulls that face off to reveal Linda's own face while flames surround the two. Then Linda wakes up in bed with a start.
- Enemy Mine: Linda is forced to team up with her Sitcom Archnemesis Colleen Caviello to expose Joanne's schemes.
- Facial Composite Failure: Bob has the kids make wanted posters for Mr. Kim's parrot, but they draw it with a top hat, roller skates and a fart cloud. When Bob asks for something more realistic, Tina decides that means a bigger fart cloud.
- Hands Go Down: As Joanne is being kicked off the PTA, she mockingly demands to know who's going to stay and help clean up the sand off the floor. Everyone's hands immediately go down.
- I Am the Noun: During her rant, Joanne brags "I am the PTA!"
- Innocently Insensitive: Bob keeps accidentally reminding Mr. Kim of his missing bird. First he sees the empty cage and jokingly asks if he lost his bird. When he sends flowers, he asks for the "cheapest expensive flowers" they had, which turn out to be bird-of-paradise flowers. Finally, he and Teddy come to Mr. Kim with replacement birds, only for Mr. Kim to have recovered his bird, which gets spooked by Bob and Teddy's loud arguing.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Colleen may be bossy and unlikable, but she's right to point out how Linda's plan for a beach-themed charity event is going to be expensive and time-consuming.
- Motive Rant: When Joanne is exposed, she rants about how she was taking stuff and skimming money because being PTA president is a thankless and time-consuming job.
- "You!" Exclamation: Mr. Kim confronts Bob and Teddy with an angry "You!" when they barge into the hardware store and scare his parrot.