On her "Momnipotent" mother's day, Linda and the others get wrapped up in a bizarre real estate situation.
- Actor Allusion: Bob makes up a fib about once owning a sword collection.
- Bloody Horror: Played for Laughs. Ethel has collected a bucket of squirrel blood from her taxidermy specimens, planning to use it someday. She douses herself with it in an attempt to scare away buyers. Unfortunately, they are more grossed out than scared.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Spencer is a bit of a tool. But he's also legitimately concerned about his elderly mom living in a house with so many stairs.
- Just Here for the Free Snacks: Linda's wish for Mothers Day is to go to the open houses and pretend to be a prospective buyer, then gorge on the free food spreads.
- Madwoman in the Attic: Spencer warns the Belchers not to go into the third floor, and then the kids hear someone say "Leave!" from there. They go inside and discover Spencer's mom Ethel. She is not locked in, however; she just doesn't want the house being sold and is trying to scare away buyers.
- A Simple Plan: All Linda wanted was to go to open houses for the food spreads, but she gets too involved with one of the realtors and it all goes downhill from there.
- Taxidermy Terror: Ethel has made dioramas out of stuffed squirrels, using as specimens the ones that infest the house. Gene and Louise find them fascinating, but Tina is disgusted, especially when she sees Ethel skin one "like a Fruit Roll-up".
- Tempting Fate: At the old house, Bob thinks they can keep pretending to be house buyers since no one there knows who they are. The owner turns out to be Spencer, the guy Bob told about their scheme over at the ferry. Fortunately, he decides to play along in order to get a higher bid from the real buyers.