Bob finally saves up to get a long-overdue engagement ring as an anniversary gift for Linda, but the kids get their hands on it and it ends up stuck on Gene's finger... and then gets lost at the local water park. While Linda helps Gayle with a minor medical emergency, Bob and the kids team up with an old friend to scour the park after hours.
- Almost Famous Name: Nats full name is revealed to be Nat Kinkle, which Bob hears as Nat King Cole when it's said out loud.
- Brick Joke: Bob mistakes Nat's full name as Nat King Cole when he hears it out loud. During the credits, Nat sings a parody of King Cole's Mona Lisa song as an anniversary gift for Bob and Linda.
- The Bus Came Back: Nat the limo driver from "V for Valentine-detta" returns.
- Continuity Nod:
- The kids visit Wetty Set Go, the water park from "The Silence of the Louise".
- Linda finds out where Bob and the kids are because she read Tina's diary. The family reading her diary is mentioned in "Sheesh, Cab, Bob?" It's also how Linda and Bob found out that their kids snuck out to the taffy factory in "The Belchies".
- Embarrassingly Painful Sunburn: Linda intentionally sunbathes without any sunscreen because she wants tanned skin. She spends the rest of the episode with sunburned-red skin.Bob: That burn looks pretty painful, Lin.
Linda: Oh, it is. It's awful. But once this settles into a tan, I'm gonna look like a leather couch. But a young one. A hot, young, leather couch.
- Emerging from the Shadows: When the kids are trying to sneak out, the stair lights are suddenly turned on by an angry Bob waiting for them in front of the door with the empty ring box.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: As the kids are sneaking down the stairs, you can briefly see the outline of Bob waiting for them in front of the door before he turns the lights on.
- Grounded Forever: Bob threatens to have the kids grounded "for the rest of your lives" for losing the ring he got for Linda.
- Hope Spot: Nat's team think they've found the ring in a drain, but after she fishes it out, it turns out to be a keychain that says "Oh-la-la".
- I Have No Son!: Bob is absolutely enraged when he discovers the kids lost the ring, to the point he even says he has no children anymore.
- Lost Wedding Ring: Well, lost engagement ring. The kids find it before Bob can give it to Linda, but it gets stuck on Gene's finger and comes off while they're at the water park.
- Manchild: Gayle acts like a spastic five-year-old every time Linda tries to administer the eye drops, to the point Linda planned to have Bob and the kids pile on top of Gayle to make her stop squirming.
- Mathematician's Answer: When Bob sarcastically asks the kids if they'd like to explain what happened to the ring, both Gene and Tina say, "No."
- My God, What Have I Done?: The kids feel like garbage when they see how angry Bob is over what they did, and for once Louise doesn't even try to pull Never My Fault as she tends to when she gets in trouble.Louise: Do you want us to go live somewhere else? We could go to an orphanage for a while.
- Namesake Gag: The "Wetty" in Wetty Set Go isn't just a Punny Name for a water park, it's the actual name of the owner, Eddie Wetty.
- Nice Girl: Nat goes through a lot of trouble to help find Linda's anniversary gift, simply because she likes Linda and she likes the kids.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Teddy is strangely insistent about getting a booger hanging out of Bob's nose, and seems confused about why Bob shoves him away.
- Noodle Incident: Teddy claims to have gotten pink eye on his foot.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Louise doesn't try to divert blame from herself for her role in the ring fiasco, showing that's she knows how badly she screwed up.
- Oh, Crap!:
- The first instance is when Tina, Gene, and Louise figure out that the ring they lost was their Mom's anniversary present.
- They have a second one when they're sneaking out to find the ring and they find an angry Bob waiting for them, already having figured out what they've done.
- Open Secret: The kids know about Bob's secret hiding place under the bed, as does Teddy for some reason.
- Putting the Pee in Pool: Gene talks about peeing in the lazy river. Later, when they're looking for the ring, Tina discovers that the water is warm and realizes why...
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Eddie Wetty, the owner of the water park, isn't pleased when he learns one of his employees let Nat, Bob, his kids, and a SCUBA/cannabis club in his park after hours. However, after hearing the whole story, he decides to immediately open up the water park for the Belchers and the friends that came out to help them try to find the ring so they can celebrate their anniversary.
- The Reveal: In the end, we are shown the fate of the ring; after getting swept up, it was taken by a bird, who gave it to its mate, nesting right on top of the sign for Bob's Burgers.
- Sarcasm Mode: When Bob catches the kids sneaking out to finding the ring:Bob: Oh, okay, you guys just go out into the night with a total stranger and I'll stay here.
Bob: I'm joking. I'm coming with you!
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Invoked by Linda at the end of the episode when she tells Bob that he did not have to get her a ring as his and her love for each other is all the gift she needs.
- Silent Treatment: Bob refuses to speak to his kids on the way to the water park because he's too pissed off about them losing the ring to talk to them.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Teddy knows a lot about Bob, including where he hides presents for his family.Bob: Oh, wait, wait, wait. You have my anniversary on your phone?Teddy: Of course I do. Got your size, food allergies, birthstone.Bob: Uh, that's f-fine, I guess.
- A Taste of Their Own Medicine: Gayle quite literally takes the eye drops from Linda and tries to apply them on her, even getting some on her mouth. Linda complains that the stuff "tastes like spoons".