Bob and Gene head for a planetarium's last laser rock show for Bob's birthday. While the ladies visit a doll store where Gretchen works.
- Creepy Doll: Tina spends most of her screen-time in blatant fear of the dinner dolls.
- Nightmare Face: The first thing to appear in the laser show is a demonic face, which scares Gene.
- One Steve Limit: The scalper tells Bob that there are two Nicks working the concession stand, one who's cool, and one who's not, and the uncool Nick often pretends to be cool. Subverted when it turns out there is only one Nick, who often pretends to be another Nick to mess with the scalper.
- The Power of Rock: The Concept Album the laser show is based on is about how an evil ruler named General Insanity bans rock music. He is defeated by a man named Rebel, who writes a song that convinces the people to rise up and defeat General Insanity. At the end the metaphor becomes literal when Rebel rolls a rock to defeat the General's forces.
- Pluto Is Expendable: Specifically, the planetarium's old Pluto is out in the dumpster and used as a distraction.
- Throwing the Distraction: To distract a guard so they can sneak into the planetarium, Gene and Bob take out an old model of Pluto out of the dumpster and roll it down the hill, which the guard then goes after.