Gene and Courtney Wheeler become the popular new announcement duo at school. But their success is threatened by burgeoning feelings and an angry Ms. LaBonze. Meanwhile, Tina and Bob both nearly mess up the school's "Donations for Carnations" drive, and struggle to set things right.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: When Bob realizes he forgot to order the carnations for the school's fundraiser, he flimsily excuses himself from the breakfast table by saying he needs to stretch his legs.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: While Bob managed to get the carnations he needed, thanks to Teddy blurting out how desperate Bob was he had to pay through the nose for them.
- Papa Wolf: Mr. Wheeler is suspicious of Gene (recalling how he literally broke his daughter's heart in "The Unbearable Like-Likeness of Gene"), until Gene assures him that his feelings for Courtney are sincere this time around.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Gene and Courtney become a comedic, rhyming duo doing the morning announcements.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Gene and Courtney start getting distracted and driving people crazy with their on-air flirting.
- Something About a Rose: Tina gets a rose from Jimmy Jr., who wanted to get her a carnation but also wanted his Valentine's gift to be a surprise.
- Suckiness Is Painful: Ms. LaBonze's way of doing the morning announcements is so dull, it drives the students crazy.