When a rich friend wants to invest in the restaurant, Bob has to decide if change is really worth all the business.
- Cool Loser: Warren, a multi-millionaire success, thinks Bob is the cool one.
- Continuity Nod: Bob's old friend Warren Fitzgerald, who was first mentioned in "Carpe Museum", makes his first on-screen appearance.
- Jerkass: Mr. Dowling quickly suspects Bob of stealing a check and calls Warren. He's unbelieving anyone would willingly give Bob a check of $100,000 and assume it was something else, like a head injury.
- Take That!: This episode could serve as one to the fad of "tropical" themed restaurants like Rainforest Cafe that were all the rage in the late 90's/early 2000's.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: An In-Universe example. Everyone loves the tiki theme. Except Bob, who hates it.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Bob pretends to like the tiki theme, up until his arch-nemesis Jimmy Pesto offers him a backhanded compliment on the restaurant's new decor ("You're finally doing something right!"). That's when Bob decides to confront Warren about the changes.