Fed up with Bob's attempts at romance, Linda signs up for flying lessons. Bob and the kids try to get her back, but her flirtatious instructor "Upskirt Kurt" accidentally maroons them on an island.
- The Chew Toy: Kurt gets pummeled by Linda, has his seaplane carried off an island due to high tide and is punched in the butt by Bob.
- Crash Course Landing: Kurt and Mr. Fischoeder tow the seaplane but drive too fast, causing it to go airborne. Linda has to use what little she learned to land it safely.
- The Determinator: Bob island-hops via ferry, a U.S. Mail boat and a rowboat to get to Linda.
- Flight of Romance: "Upskirt Kurt" got his nickname by seducing women during his flight classes. It doesn't work on Linda.
- Island Help Message: Linda spells out "HELP" out of the wine bottles from Kurt's past flings.Linda: Sheesh, this island's seen a lot of emergency landings.
- Make-Out Point: Upskirt Kurt takes Linda to Quippiquisset Island, a spot frequently used for making out, earning it the nickname "Quickie Kiss-it Island".
- Security Cling: The kids before Linda attempts to clear the bridge with Kurt's plane.
- Shout-Out: The Excited Show Title! of the episode makes it a clear nod to Airplane!.
- Terms of Endangerment: Kurt calls Bob "friend" when the latter confronts him. Bob is obviously offended that someone would call him a friend after trying to sleep with his wife.
- You Didn't Ask: Mr. Fischoeder's reaction when Bob on his way to Quippiquisset Island asks him why he didn't say he had a boat.
- Your Cheating Heart: Invoked by Kurt, who targets bored housewives, but defied by Linda. His attempts at seduction fail with her from the beginning, but when she realizes Kurt wants her to cheat on Bob, she furiously revokes him.