The Belchers decide to camp when Linda needs to make up for a lost trip in her thundergirls troupe. A nighttime adventure of Bob and Linda's leaves them swept away by a river, and they need to walk through the woods to find their kids while the kids are trying to find them as well.
- Adult Fear: Bob and Linda are swept downstream and worry about the kids.
- Chekhov's Gun: The hornet's nest next to the Belcher's camping site is used by Tina to drive the survivalists out of their camper and allow Bob and Linda to escape.
- Crazy Survivalist: The Belcher's camp next to a couple of doomsday preppers. Who turn out to be a little... off. Louise is pretty quick to get into their literature.
- Horrible Camping Trip: For Bob and Linda, who become separated from the kids and go through hell reuniting with them.
- Look, a Distraction!: Bob tricks Linda into looking away while sick from the trout he ate, first with a pelican and another with Patrick Duffy.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Bob repeatedly states he's a natural camper when he really, really is not. He has no idea what to do in nature and pushes back when Linda turns out to be the natural camper in the family.
- Red Herring: The episode starts with a strange ranger giving terrible information to the Belchers, and hinting that the camping site has become dangerous, with either bears or squirrels, before he suspiciously drives away while the kids look worried. While squirrels show up in a one off gag, that is not as relevant to the plot as it seems.
- Toilet Humor: Bob spends much of the episode having to run off to puke and/or take a crap thanks to indigestion from eating under-cooked fish.