Bob tries to make a commercial for Superbowl Sunday to out-do Jimmy Pesto. But after a botched attempt to do a commercial starring his family, Bob incurs their ire by hiring an ex-NFL star who's willing to work for cheap to do a new commercial.
- Angry Dance: After Bob scraps the commercial featuring his family for one revolving around Sandy "Can-Can" Frye, the kids start angrily doing the Can-Can to spite their father. Linda starts doing it as well, and Bob gets caught up in the moment and joins in up until he gets a leg cramp.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Sandy Frye is a little bit kooky.
- Comically Missing the Point: Bob declares that the restaurant will have its own Superbowl party for people who want good food, Tina suggests they can order Thai. Bob tells her he meant serve their burgers.
- Kitschy Local Commercial: The production values in Bob's commercial are pretty cheap, especially the first attempt.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After spending the whole episode being a bigger jerk than usual to Bob, Jimmy Pesto gets comeuppance when Gene clogs up one of his restaurant's toilets and floods the whole building, forcing him to shut down for the rest of the day.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: While trying to figure out how to drum up more business for the Super Bowl, Bob talks to himself through a zucchini that he should kill Jimmy Pesto. Bob looked like he was really going to go through with it before deciding to go with the commercial
- Plagiarism in Fiction: Jimmy Pesto steals Bob's idea to do a local commercial for the Super Bowl, thanks to Sandy blabbing about it over appetizers at Jimmy's restaurant. And because everyone likes Jimmy more than Bob, Bob is the one accused of ripping off Jimmy.