Mr. Fischoeder hires the Belchers to be his pretend family, so he can woo an old flame.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Linda and Tina's attempts at acting like they love Mr. Fischoder aren't as convincing as Gene and Louise's.
- Companion Cube: As he gets increasingly shitfaced on absinthe, Bob names the turkey "Lance" and becomes his pal.
- The Gunslinger: Shelby is an expert sharpshooter. Lucky for Bob, she has trouble hitting a moving target.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Mr. Fischoeder claims schlong is German for snake. It actually comes from schlang, the Yiddish word for snake. The German word for snake is schlanger.
- Literal-Minded: Bob asks everyone to raise their glasses. Tina raises her eyeglasses.
- Operation: Jealousy: Mr. Fischoder hires Bob's family to be his to attract the attention of his old crush Shelby, who has a thing for seducing married men.
- Pocket Protector: Linda is horrified when she thinks Shelby shot Bob, but fortunately Lance the turkey "took the bullet" for Bob.
- Bob's hallucination with his family, Lance the turkey, and the tree made out of Thanksgiving food spoofs My Neighbor Totoro.
- At the end of the episode, Louise uses her prize tickets from Fischoeder to win the family portrait he had commissioned of the "Fischoeder family." She says it will age while she'll stay nine forever, like The Picture of Dorian Gray.