Louise begrudgingly accompanies Tina to a Boy Band concert and has a surprising reaction to one of its members. Elsewhere, Gene enters a tablescaping contest.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Louise doesn't get why people scream over boy bands, saying that screaming is for roller coasters, axe murderers, and her dad's morning breath.
- Boy Band: The band Boyz4Now. They even have the formula of one member being a "bad boy", a cute innocent member (whom Louise becomes rabidly obsessed with), a "shy" one, and a more mature heartthrob.
- Dawson Casting: It's fairly obvious Matt is not a teenager. It's even implied he has a kid.
- Everyone Has Standards: Louise's manic love/hate infatuation with Boo Boo is so off kilter even the most rabid fan girls (including one who vomited at the simple mention of boys) stop and pause with concerned looks.
- Insistent Terminology: It's tablescaping, damn it!
- Narm: In-universe, Louise finds the opening of the concert to be laughable when the band is lowered onto the stage with highly visible wires while pretending to use sporting equipment.
- Not So Above It All: Louise initially disdains the other girls at the concert for getting so screechy over the boy band... until she sees Boo Boo and quickly becomes smitten.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Zeke's cousin Leslie loves to rhyme.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: A literal example; Louise has a crazy desire to smack Boo Boo in the face. She gets her wish by episode's end.
- Starstruck Speechless: Louise is initially tongue-tied when facing Boo Boo... before her desire to slap him takes over.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: A random fan is so wound up, she vomits just by being told boys are in the vicinity.