When Tina decides to attend an art school's dance with a ballet prodigy named Josh instead of going to her middle-school dance with Jimmy Jr., Jimmy tries to win her back. Meanwhile, Linda shanghais Bob into chaperoning the dance at Wagstaff School to make up for all the dances Bob missed out on as a kid.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Gene and Louise suggest Tina distract herself from the prospect of rejection with thoughts of leather belts, sausage, or sausage belts.
- Camp Gay: Douglas, a snippy schoolmate of Josh's.
- Continuity Nod: Josh is the boy Tina met in "Lindapendant Woman", and he recalls the kiss they shared.
- Green-Eyed Monster:
- Jimmy Jr. once he learns about Tina's interest in Josh.
- Linda seems to be jealous of Bob paying more attention to a Hot Teacher who's helping them chaperone the dance, but she's actually putting on a show to give Bob the full "middle school dance" experience.
- Nice Guy: Josh comes across as this compared to Jimmy Jr., who only shows more of an interest in Tina when he learned someone else asked her out. In fact, Bob advises Tina she should stick with Josh since he gave her a definite answer instead of a vague one like Jimmy Jr. did.
- Polyamory: When even the dance-off can't help her decide, Tina suggests she and the boys "put the 'try' in 'triangle'". Josh and Jimmy are not on board with the idea.
- Technician vs. Performer: The dance-off, pitting Josh (the technician) against Jimmy Jr. (the performer).
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Linda gets drunk and pukes all over Bob.