When Tina fails to get the position of anchor for the school news, she decides to prove herself by investigating a "Mad Pooper" running around the school. Meanwhile, Gene starts dressing up like Bob.
- Brick Joke: At the start of the episode, Tina mock-interviews Bob and asks if he knows how to make something other than burgers. Bob mentions paella, but confesses he doesn't actually know how to make it. At the end of the episode, Bob says he remembers how to make paella.
- Call-Back: Gene uses Bob's line from "Human Flesh"."You're my family and I love you, but you're terrible. You're all terrible."
- Chekhov's Gunman: Zeke turns out to be the Mad Pooper.
- Convicted by Public Opinion: The Wagstaff News Team invokes this to get Tina out of the picture, doing an "Investigative special" about how Tina might be the Mad Pooper along with phony reenactments of her supposed crimes. It's pretty clear had Zeke not been exposed as the real culprit the school was going to punish Tina even though there was no actual evidence.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: The anti-smoking assembly seems to have the opposite effect, thanks to the juggling act.Linda: I really want a cigarette.Bob: I really wanna juggle.
- Dude, Not Funny!: When Gene makes himself look like Bob, this is the latter's reaction.
- Friendly Rivalry: Tina, in relation to Tammy, is still cordial, nice and hopes for the success of the other as well as her own. This is one sided, as Tammy is still mean to her.
- I Have No Son!: Gene says "I have no daughter" when Tina is called down to Mr. Frond's office. Bob agrees since Gene is literally right about that.
- Informed Attribute: Linda mentions that Tina inherited her "strong chin". Because of the show's art style, no one really has a chin. Tina even asks where her chin is.
- Insistent Terminology: Linda insists on calling the Mad Pooper "the Butt-ler".
- Intergenerational Friendship: Tina and the school Janitor.
- Karma Houdini: Zeke doesn't punished because "His family moves around a lot." Even though the school was totally prepared to punish Tina back when they didn't have any evidence to prove she was the Mad Pooper.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others:Mr. Grant: Look, this news show compete for student's attention with cellphones, gossip and bathroom graffiti, we need to be faster, meaner and graffitier!
- Like Father, Like Son: Gene faces the fact that he looks a lot like Bob in his age, so he attempts to make himself look like what Bob looks now.
- Start My Own: When the school news ignores the "Mad Pooper" story in favor of fluffy gossip pieces, Louise encourages Tina to start her own underground news program to cover the story.