Bob faces trouble when Louise spreads that human flesh is used to make the hamburgers and health inspector and Linda's ex-fiancé Hugo comes in to shut the joint down.
- Ambiguous Disorder: It's actually discussed whether or not Tina is autistic. Bob says she isn't, but Louise and Gene say she is.
- Brutal Honesty: How Bob describes his kids:Listen, youre my children and I love you, but youre all terrible at what you do here and I feel like I should tell you. Id fire all of you if I could.
- Chekhov's Gag: Early on, a woman mentions she would eat a burger made of human flesh. At the end of the episode, she leads a group of adventurous foodies to the restaurant, giving them a lot of business.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Gene making fart noises to a family in mourning.
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- There's a greater amount of Black Comedy and tongue-in-cheek vulgarity (the child molester burger, Bob telling Gene that fat kids can't be molested) than the more character-based humor from the later episodes. It's also one of the few episodes to have the Staggered Zoom gag that'd quickly be phased out.
- The show attempts to show Hugo in a somewhat sympathetic light, in a Jerkass Woobie vein. Yes, he does petty things out of jealousy, but he is suffering and ultimately comes around, makes the test and allows Bob to keep the restaurant. Later episodes completely ignore this, not even his crush on Linda appears again, with all left being his pettiness and attempt to get revenge on Bob by making his professional life as difficult as possible.
- Establishing Character Moment: To several characters:
- Tina stating that her crotch is itchy.
- Louise spreading rumors that their restaurant uses human flesh.
- Gene isn't aware that there's a line between entertaining and annoying and makes fart noises.
- Hugo tries to shut Bob's Burgers down for petty reasons and revenge.
- Evil Is Petty: Hugo takes every opportunity to make life harder for Bob because he's still not over Linda leaving him.
- Ferris Wheel Date Moment: At the end of the episode, Bob and Linda take the opportunity to make out while atop the Ferris wheel at Wonder Wharf. The kids, who are in the car right behind them, are mostly unamused.Gene: You're a couple of sluts!
Tina: I think it's nice.
Louise: (to the operator) Can you get this thing moving?! I'm getting mentally scarred up here!
- Forgotten Anniversary: Part of the conflict of the episode is that Linda is mad Bob forgot their anniversary.
- Forgotten Birthday: Bob has not only forgotten Linda's birthday at least once, but his own birthday.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Hugo, who is bent on destroying the restaurant just because Linda left him for Bob.
- I'm a Humanitarian: A group of foodies agree to eat the burgers believing that they are made of human flesh.
- No Social Skills: Tina. Bob even states she is not good with people.
- Overly Long Gag: Hugo repeatedly being interrupted by Gene spraying a fire extinguisher on the grill.