- Ambiguously Bi: Betty's former rival Marjune Gamble has been very alone for 20 years since her rich husband's death, and hungers for companionship. She looks at Betty, who herself is a lonely widow...
- Enemy Mine: Both groups were brought together again by their mutual hatred for Randy.
- Everybody Has Standards: Betty can't bring herself to trade tawdry sexual favors (with males OR females) for material gain.
- I Love the Dead: Violet proposes the possibility of Marjune keeping the fully intact skeleton of a dead handyman to spoon during her afternoons as a show of how awful her life's become. This turns out not to be the case (although she did steal the statue to keep to herself).
- I Was Quite a Looker: Betty was revealed to be this in her youth. She was even a beauty queen.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Jenny tells a pro-tobacco patron that if they remove the statue, they'll be banning cartoon characters smoking next. The customer agrees and is about to smoke a cigarette when the camera cuts away before it gets to his lips.
- Playing Both Sides: At the restaurant, Jenny plays both sides of the statue debate for tips. It comes to bite her when she is asked to talk at the town meeting and gives a vague speech that just makes everyone angry. Later when she confessed about taking both sides just to receive tip and is strongly against smoking and supports taking down the statue, they all turn on her for being "too specific" about her anti-tobacco stance.
- Sarcastic Clapping: Jesus after Jenny sacrificed her principles for tip money. She calls Him out on it, and He claims to be clapping at the speed they used to clap 2,000 years ago.
Recap / Bless The Harts S 1 E 3 Jenny Unfiltered