Inspired by Black Lightning's return and outraged by LaWanda's death, the people of Freeland decide to protest to take back their city.
- Ambiguously Evil: Gambi deletes proof that Tobias was at the march, muttering, "Sorry, Jefferson".
- Armor-Piercing Question: Jennifer is ready to have sex, and told her parents, like they'd always encouraged her to do. They respond ... like you'd expect.Jefferson: You are so young...
Jennifer: How old were you guys?
Lynn: [downs glass of wine]
Jennifer: [laughs] Never mind.
- Birds of a Feather: Anissa and Grace both seem to have an affinity for superheroes
- Cold Sniper: Tobias's henchwoman Syonide takes out a sniper rifle, when ordered to shoot Black Lightning from afar. However, she ends up missing and hitting Reverend Holt and Khalil instead
- Cringe Comedy: When Jeff learns Jennifer wants to have sex, he basically sexually harasses her boyfriend about if he's clean enough in his "et cetera"
- Derailing Love Interests: Anissa's girlfriend, who was shown in the previous episode to be loving, affectionate, and very supportive, enough that Anissa felt comfortable telling her about her apparent powers, is now suddenly dismissive of Anissa's protesting, casually racist against Asian women, and paranoid enough to assume Anissa is cheating for dancing with a friend. On top of this, its claimed that the relationship was dying anyway and the two were just waiting to break up, when previously they were shown still being physically intimate and nothing indicated they weren't healthy and steady
- Don't Create a Martyr: Lady Eve warns Tobias not to simply shoot Reverend Holt for fear of this trope. Instead, she wants him to slaughter the protesters in order to force them into paying protection again
- Mythology Gag: Grace suggests Anissa to dress up as Supergirl. Supergirl was a member of the Outsiders together with Grace and Anissa in the 00's.
- Overprotective Dad: Hoo boy, Jefferson. Just look at his talk with Khalil, though the little grin he gives at the end may imply that he knows Khalil won't actually do anything to hurt his daughter.
- Rabble Rouser: Reverend Holt is a downplayed version
- I Need a Freaking Drink: When Jennifer tells her parents she's going to have sex on Saturday, they both take deep drinks of wine.
- Refuge in Audacity: Jennifer casually telling her parents that she's wants to have sex and wants to do it on Saturday, but she'll be back by curfew. Her parents are flabbergasted by all of this, but impressed by her honesty
- Shout-Out: Grace invites Anissa to a cosplay party at her club, in which patrons can dress up as a superhero of their choosing, and throws out a few suggestions, including Looker and Supergirl
- This Cannot Be!: Tobias is in disbelief when he sees Black Lightning with his own eyes
- Waving Signs Around: Reverend Holt organizes a march.