A big standardized test sends everyone into a panic except for Jay, who just scored an Adderall prescription.
- Age-Appropriate Angst: Because the standardized tests play such a crucial role in their future, pretty much everyone dreads the tests to the point that they start buying Adderall off of Jay in order to improve their chances.
- Artistic License Pharmacology: Averted for the most part. While Jay's Adderall proves to be very helpful for him, the Adderall has a very different effect on everyone else. It makes Nick too energetic, Jessi gets overworked and depressed, and Missy feels overwhelmed. This is very much Truth in Television.
- The Bus Came Back: The Depression Kitty returns in this episode.
- Call-Back: When Missy tells Jay she feels left behind, he mentions how he was left home alone when the house was fumigated.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Andrew wonders if they're all experiencing a shared hallucination after Jay shows that he's ready to take a test, Caleb says that the animation style would be different if that were the case.
- Product Placement: Jay tells Missy that Amazon Prime is the number one streaming video service.
- Shout-Out: Nick, under the effects of Adderall, starts twitching and laughing like Beavis at one point.