Cricket and Remy rent out their own apartment when they get tired of what their parents tell them to do; Tilly volunteers at the animal shelter and refuses to let the animals get adopted, while Cricket and Gramma play pranks on Bill.
- An Aesop:
- You should always listen to your parents and do what they say.
- Living without discipline has its drawbacks.
- Framing Device: The events of the episode are narrated in flashback by Cricket to a woman at the park.
- Gone Horribly Right: When Cricket and Remy get their own apartment, they decide not to do any chores. Almost some time later, the apartment becomes a big mess as a result, causing them to realize their mistake and decide to go home.
- Minor Living Alone: Cricket uses Remy's money to rent out an apartment on the building next door to the Greens.
- Trash of the Titans: After one night of partying, Cricket's new apartment becomes an unlivable mess.
- An Aesop:
- Even though you love something, youll have set it free.
- Dont play tricks on others too much or they wont believe you even when you tell the truth.
- Crying Wolf: After being pranked by Cricket and Gramma, Bill has had enough and goes to take a bath. He ignores their calls to come outside, thinking it's a prank. Indeed, Cricket and Gramma were going to prank Bill by pouring oil in front of the bathroom door, but then a vicious chihuahua escaped from the shelter attacks them, and the oil keeps them from running away. By the time Bill comes out, Cricket and Gramma are badly mauled.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After everything they did to Bill, Cricket and Gramma were rightly rewarded for their pranking when attacked by a chihuahua outside the bathroom.
- Two Lines, No Waiting: The two plots are Tilly refusing to let the animals be adopted and Cricket and Gramma pranking Bill.