Cricket and Gloria try to deliver some coffee beans to the Big Coffee while avoiding Chip Whistler's tricks; when Phoenix runs away after being unappreciated, Cricket and the Greens set out to search for her.
- Confusion Fu: The "Tilly Tornado" doesn't hurt Chip so much as confuse him long enough for Cricket and Gloria to get away.
- Not So Different: Gloria reveals that she's a newcomer to Big City like Cricket and is just as big a Country Mouse as he is. She also admits that she's jealous of Cricket adapting so easily to city life, while she had to work hard just to fit in.
- Polly Wants a Microphone: Gloria's parrot shows how lonely she is by repeating things like "I'm so lonely, I miss home" and "Gotta get more ice-cream, can't believe I ate the whole thing again."
- Spin Attack: The "Tilly Tornado", which is not much of an attack, but it makes for a handy distraction.
- Status Quo Is God: In the end, Cricket is finally out of debt and can quit his job, but he and Gloria are suddenly down as they will miss each other, so Gloria causes a mess and puts the blame on Cricket so he doesn't have to leave after all.
- Adult Fear: While Cricket recalls the time he was stuck on a hole all day fondly, Bill's reaction is less happy.Bill: [with Thousand-Yard Stare] I thought I've lost my baby boy!
- Bad-Guy Bar: The Greens track down Phoenix to a biker bar, and almost got in trouble when Cricket confronts the bikers inside.
- Eye Recall: Done by Phoenix as she remembers running away and what she did while she went missing.
- Meaningful Name: Phoenix got her name when she was found among the ashes of the Green's burned down barn.
- Tropey, Come Home: Phoenix runs away, and the Greens spend the rest of the episode looking for her.
- The Reveal: The reason Phoenix ran away is because she caught the scent of Nancy, Bill's ex-wife and Cricket and Tilly's mother, who had just gotten out of prison.
- Wham Line: When the biker who brought Phoenix back removes her helmet.Bill: Well, look who just got out of prison.
Cricket and Tilly: Mom!