Tuco drags Jimmy into his house at gunpoint. Jimmy explains that the twins were part of a scam, but accidentally targeted the wrong car. Tuco leads Jimmy to the garage, where the twins are tied up. After Jimmy frees them, Lars reveals that the scam was Jimmy's idea, which infuriates Tuco. Jimmy is tied up and gagged and Tuco takes him and the twins to a remote desert site for interrogation.
Tuco doesnt believe Jimmy is a lawyer and is about to kill him, so Jimmy claims he's an FBI agent. Nacho doesn't believe that story so Jimmy confirms that he is actually a lawyer. Tuco orders him released and Jimmy talks Tuco out of killing the twins, suggesting he break one leg on each as revenge for involving Tuco's grandmother in the scam and as a warning to keep quiet.
Nacho reveals to Jimmy a scheme to steal the money the Kettlemans embezzled, and offers Jimmy a 10% finder's fee. Jimmy declines to participate, telling Nacho hes a lawyer not a criminal. Nacho leaves his phone number with Jimmy and tells Jimmy to call when he decides "in the game".
- Bad Liar: Tuco's abuelita suggests that he clean up the "salsa" on the floor with club soda. You don't use club soda to clean up salsa but you do use it to clean up blood, which implies that the old lady is aware of her grandson's criminal activities.
- Berserk Button: Do not try to scam or mess with Tuco's abuelita in any way. And definitely don't call her "biznatch".
- Call-Forward: Tuco does not like people helping him.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Tuco was about to murder the skaters for insulting his grandmother and trying to scam them but Jimmy talks him out of it.
- Dramatic Gun Cock: Tuco cocks his gun and points it menacingly at Jimmy when the two skaters tell him that Jimmy was behind the scam.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Tuco in regards to his abuelita. When Lars and Cal insult her he really lets them have it.
- Hard-Work Montage: Jimmy goes through one, which also shows him rehearsing a new persona and struggling with Mike at the parking gate over time stamp stickers.
- Mugging the Monster: The two skaters try to extort a stranger and they insult his grandmother, not knowing that said stranger is a powerful drug lord.
- Oh, Crap!: After having a gun pointed at him in previous episode, Jimmy has another "Oh Crap" moment when seeing the fresh blood stain on the carpet.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Psychotic, aggressive Tuco and his right hand man, cold, calculating Nacho. Both men are intimidating in their own ways.
- Sickening "Crunch!": The sound of the skaters' legs breaking.
- Torture Is Ineffective: When having wire cutters applied to his hand, Jimmy tries to lie out of it by saying that he's from the FBI. Tuco believes it, but Nacho doesn't, knowing that he'll say anything in this circumstance.
- Troll Bridge: Jimmy calls Mike this for being a stickler about parking stickers.Like a troll under the bridge! "You must have the stickers, or you won't pass!" Troll alert here, don't feed it.
- Unwanted Assistance: No-Doze gives this to Tuco, to the latter's chagrin.Jimmy: Or you could give them black eyes.Tuco: Black eyes! (laughs) That aint nothing!No-Doze: That one there, homes? He already got a black eye, fool.Tuco: (goes right up to No-Doze's face) Stop helping.
- What You Are in the Dark: Nacho sees the potential for criminality in Jimmy, as though he knows where Jimmy's future is headed.