The aliens send their powerful new emissary Tigerhawk to Earth to stop the continued disruption of the time stream.
- The Bus Came Back: Played with. Tigertron and Airazor's sparks return after being captured by the Vok back in season 2. Their sparks enter Tigerhawk's body at the end of the episode and they become a new individual.
- Dramatic Irony: The Vok send Tigerhawk to kill Megatron to prevent him from causing any more damage to the time stream. Unbeknownst to the Vok, Megatron is carrying the spark of his G1 counterpart; so killing him would only cause more damage to the timeline.
- Foreshadowing: An image of the Nemesis is seen on Tarantulas computer, which turns out to be very significant to the forthcoming Grand Finale.
- Judicial Wig: Megatron wears one to go with the trial theme. He must have packed it along with his rubber ducky.
- Kangaroo Court: Quickstrike is put on trial for betraying Megatron and is given anything but a fair trial. He's only spared once Tigerhawk plummets towards the base.
- Killed Off for Real: Tarantulas is killed when he becomes victim to one of his own devices and explodes.
- Left Hanging: With only two episodes left in the series after this one, the true nature of the Vok and their intentions with Earth are never explained. The true origins of Tarantulas and the Tripredacus Council are likewise left up in the air.
- The Worf Effect: Tigerhawk effortlessly takes out Megatron and the rest of the Predacons all on his own.
- Trash the Set: The Predacons' base is destroyed, just before the Grand Finale.