Part 1 of the pilot episode of Beast Wars. After a battle between Optimus Primal and Dinobot, a huge cache of energon is discovered. The two sides race to lay claim first.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Optimus has enough of Rattrap's attitude problem.Rattrap: Says you.
Optimus: That's right! Says me! You wanna question my orders one. More. Time?!
- Big Damn Heroes: Dinobot saving Optimus from Megatron's missile.
- Bring It: Just before the climax:Megatron: Across the galaxy, it has come to this: face to face, tooth to claw. Have you anything to say?
Optimus: I'd say that's prime. Let's do it!
- En route to the mountain, the Maximals pass by a strange structure of alien design.
- While Tarantulas wouldn't be clearly established as the Predacons' Mad Scientist until a few episodes later, Dinobot does bring up he is the only one with the skills to segment and transport Energon, hinting at his role as the Evil Genius.
- Honor Before Reason: After Optimus takes a blast in the face, he trips and is hanging off the bridge. Dinobot prevents him from falling.Optimus: What are you doing? You'd won.
Dinobot: You slipped. To defeat you in such a manner would be lacking in honor. I would not have earned the right to lead. I prefer to beat my opponents the old fashioned way: BRUTALLY!
- I Owe You My Life: Optimus risks his life to keep Dinobot from falling off the bridge. Dinobot repays him in the end by deflecting Megatron's missile.
- Let's Split Up, Gang!: Defied. Rhinox suggests Optimus go on ahead to the mountain since he can fly, but Optimus thinks it's better that they all stick together in case of a Predacon attack or other surprises.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": As the energon's about to explode.
- Taking You with Me: Megatron attempts this by transforming to robot mode and risking energon overload just to kill Optimus."For if I must die, I shall take you with me!"
- Title Drop: In the conclusion:Optimus Primal: "For now, we're stranded here with the Predacons on this unknown planet. Megatron may be back, and there is still more Energon. If they ever get enough, they could conquer the galaxy. So for now, let the battle be here on this strange, primitive world. And let it be called Beast Wars!"
- Ungrateful Bastard: Rattrap doesn't thank Optimus for saving him from falling."You're the leader. It's your job."
- Worthy Opponent: Optimus and Dinobot grow to respect each other during their duel.