- Batman Gambit:
- Sivana's opening attack was just a smokescreen in order to get a sample of the mystic lightning, which is the last item he needs in order to find Black Adam and bring him to Earth.
- Batman can't beat the powered up Sivana, so he exploits him being a pompous know-it-all.Batman: You may have a mortal like me beat, but you'll never be as all-powerful as the wizard Shamaz.
Sivana: Bat-brained idiot! It's Shazam! Oh, no, wait! [lightning returns him to normal]
- Chekhov's Gun: Sivana still has the mystic lightning sample after Black Adam arrives on Earth. He uses it during the climax to revert Black Adam to a human form and get him out of the way.
- Divide and Conquer: In the teaser, the Faceless Hunter attacks and subdues numerous heroes.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Thanks to Batman, Billy is reunited with his sister and gets adopted.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Averted. Starro recognizes that "a planet of heroes" could put up substantial resistance, so the Faceless Hunter is tasked with subduing them.
- Evil Counterpart: The Wizard notes that Black Adam was a champion but not at all like Billy.
- Finger Poke of Doom: How Captain Marvel takes down the de-powered Sivana.
- Immune to Mind Control: Red Tornado is the only featured hero not susceptible to Starro's mind control, so the Faceless Hunter blows him up and leaves the pieces on the ground.
- Mythology Gag: Miss Minerva, the head of the orphanage, resembles and is named for Aunt Minerva, one of Captain Marvel's Pre-Crisis villains.
- Never My Fault: Black Adam is outraged over his banishment, which was brought about by his own actions.
- Not So Different: Batman admits to Billy that he understands his need for family.
- Not So Similar: Billy/Captain Marvel feels a kinship with Black Adam, due to the symbols on their chests. He learns the hard way that feeling is misplaced.
- Oh, Crap!: Sivana upon realising that Batman has tricked him into saying Shazam.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Billy's broken heart locket.
- Pet the Dog: Seeing Captain Marvel so depressed about not having a family, Batman looks into the deaths of the Batsons and finds Billy's missing twin sister, Mary.
- Properly Paranoid: Thaddeus Jr. suspects that Black Adam won't share the world once he gets what he wants. Sivana, however, has already anticipated that.
- So Proud of You: Shazam congratulates Captain Marvel for defending the Rock of Eternity.
- To Be Continued: Like the other Starro-related teasers. This one ends with the Faceless Hunter having a sizable army of mind-controlled heroes and cutting to this.
- Unwitting Pawn: Black Adam was just Sivana's means of claiming Shazam's power for himself.
- Villain Exit Stage Right: In all the confusion of the final fight, Black Adam snuck off.
- Villain Protagonist: The teaser puts the Faceless Hunter in the lead and is even narrated by him.
- Villain Respect: The Faceless Hunter admits the different heroes he's faced fought bravely.
- Villain Team-Up: Sivana brokers a deal with Black Adam to destroy their common foes, but he also plans to betray him once he gets what he's really after.
- Villainesses Want Heroes/Villainous Crush: Georgia has a crush on Captain Marvel, begging her father to let her have him. She gets over it once she learns Marvel's true identity.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Sivana has Black Adam fight the heroes and feign being forced to flee. It's all to secretly hit Captain Marvel with a tracking device so they can later follow the heroes to Shazam, but Black Adam finds the experience so infuriating.
- Yank the Dog's Chain:Shazam: Captain, what troubles you?
Captain Marvel: Black Adam. When I saw that symbol on his chest, I thought I had the chance for a family again. Guess by now I should know better than to get my hopes up like that.
Recap / Batman The Brave And The Bold S 2 E 10 The Power Of Shazam