Veronica plans a big pool party, inviting everyone who's anyone — which definitely leaves out Jughead, who's too "different". However, Veronica gets a lesson on being different herself when she gets zapped by Dilton's growth ray. Soon Veronica grows up and out of her normal life. Can anyone stop the rampage of the 50-foot Veronica?
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- Aesop Amnesia: Archie wonders if Veronica's experience as a giantess would teach her a lesson about discrimination before deciding that it's unlikely. The ending shows it stuck at least for a little while.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: This shouldn't come as a shock, given that the title itself shouts out to B-movies of the same sort. Veronica grows to building-size height and takes out her frustration with her situation on Riverdale.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Betty and Jughead are scared by a giant beetle that was also hit with Dilton's ray.
- If I Can't Have You...: Angry that she's too big to wear fine clothes, Veronica breaks open a clothing store and plans to destroy all its wares, saying that "If I can't wear nice clothes, nobody will!" She stops short of doing so, however.
- Insistent Terminology: The fifty-foot-tall Veronica insists she is "big-boned", not "enormous".
- Magic Pants: Averted. Veronica manages to keep clothed as she grows, but only by appropriating increasingly large things to wear. By the climax, she's had to steal the tent from her pool party.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Veronica gets herself zapped with Dilton's growth ray. Guess what happens?
- Notzilla: Archie takes Veronica to a movie about a giant lizard. Later when she herself is giant, she talks about feeling like the monster in that movie.
- Police are Useless: Veronica shrinks down Just in Time before the police show up and they buy the He Went That Way ruse despite Veronica being naked and standing in the tent out of which she makeshifted a dress. Add to that they missed her shrinking down despite her being (at most) twenty feet in front of them.