Sick of watching Archer and Lana's rekindled relationship, the drones plot to break them up.
This episode provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Alluded to when Archer tells Katya "You'll always have a special place in my heart...and obviously my slideshow".
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Cyril fakes one to keep Lana from going into Archer's apartment. She doesn't take the bait.
- Art Shift: During Cheryl's flip book demonstration.
- Blatant Lies: Katya snows her idiot boyfriend.Who was that?Who was who? What are you talking about?Did you not just not have telephone call?No! Don't be an idiot! Also, I must go to America. Unrelated to the telephone call I just did not receive.
- Call-Back: See Wham Line below.
- Everyone Has Standards: Krieger, who has incredibly exotic fetishes, is disgusted by some of the ideas the drones think he's come up with. Likewise, he's also disgusted when it looks like Cheryl is suggesting they kill AJ to break up Archer and Lana.
- Foreshadowing: "I left something in the bathroom".
- Heel Realization: The gang has one when they hear Archer's heartfelt speech to Katya about how much Lana means to him.
- Shout-Out: Cheryl's insane outline for planning AJ's kidnapping seems to function as one to the infamous Lindbergh Baby kidnapping case. Cheryl also compares Lana to Groot.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Lana and Archer. So bad that the gang decides they have to break them up.
- Smart Ball: Krieger, of all people, is the one to come up with the plan to break up Archer and Lana. He points out that Archer won't risk things with Lana unless presented with someone completely new to sleep with or with someone that has a strong psychological hold on Archer.
- Spanner in the Works: The drones' plan to break up Archer and Lana may very well have worked if not for Archer's genuine Character Development.
- There Is No Kill Like Over Kill: Cheryl's plan to break up Archer and Lana involves a convoluted scheme to hire a kidnapper to snatch AJ, leading to a nationwide manhunt, which ends with them tipping off the cops and the kidnapper being executed. AJ would have been sent to Bhutan where she would be raised as an assassin by Ra's Al-Ghul and return 20 years later seeking revenge on those who betrayed her. She explains all of this complete with hand-drawn flip book animation. Cyril points out that they would be Hoist By Their Own Petard when the assassin AJ returned...Cheryl: Yes, but it buys us time.
- Wham Line: "Then why...IS THERE A VAGINA...IN THE SINK?!?!"
- What the Hell, Hero?: Krieger, Pam, Ray, and Cyril all express disgust when Cheryl says "Well some couples break up if their kid dies," implying she thinks they should kill AJ.