With Krieger operating an online pharmacy to distribute the cocaine to buyers, the gang has the free time to throw a neglected Lana a baby shower. Archer takes Pam along for backup on a trip to the Tuntmore Hotel to secure a very special shower gift: a performance by Kenny Loggins.
This episode provides examples of:
- As Himself: Kenny Loggins plays himself, in full on Adam Westing mode.
- Atrocious Alias: Loggins is determined to make "K-Log" catch on as his new nickname. Even his own bodyguard isn't a fan.
- Black Market: Krieger found a way to sell the cocaine online anonymously and claims to have made over $800,000. It ended up being a lie just to make Malory happy and she was furious when she found out.
- Breather Episode: In between several episodes where the group winds up either barely breaking even or losing cocaine to no benefit, nobody gets significantly injured, no losses are made, and warm and fuzzies abound.
- Denied Food as Punishment: Malory refuses to let Woodhouse cook for the gang until they start making profits.
- Eye Scream: When Ray is explaining The Dirty Diaper Game, Cyril threatens to rub cocaine in his eyes until he goes blind.Ray: Goddamn, Shawshank...
- Noodle Incident: Kenny Loggins is protecting a suitcase containing a mysterious glowing object from someone named Borgnard. Also, Archer apparently mixed up a baby shower with a bachelorette party at some point, but he declines to go into detail.
- Pet the Dog: Malory gets a layette for Lana's child. She's also notably shocked when she realizes they haven't had a baby shower for her. Woodhouse also digs out Archer's old crib to give to her for the baby.
- Popcultural Osmosis Failure: After all the references to "Danger Zone" Archer's made, he's utterly gobsmacked to find that Lana's never even heard of Kenny Loggins.
- Reality Ensues: After months without pay or being able to sell their cocaine, everyone is flat broke. Archer is forced to start stealing and selling paintings from Cherlene's mansion to get money.
- Shout-Out: In addition to, well, Danger Zone, the glowing briefcase is a reference to Pulp Fiction.
- Violation of Common Sense: The balcony placed glass swimming pool. Even Cheryl can tell it's moronic.Cheryl: I just wanna go on record saying that a glass swimming pool on the penthouse balcony is, without a doubt, the absolute worst idea that I've ever heard in my entire goddamn life.