Archer, Lana, and Cyril go undercover at a fine-dining restaurant on the night of a very special dinner with an Albanian ambassador who may be targeted for murder.
This episode provides examples of:
- "Ass" in Ambassador: Considering how tiny his country is, the Albanian ambassador is incredibly pompous.
- Adam Westing: Anthony Bourdain basically plays a way more dickish version of himself.
- Becoming the Mask: The whole gang gets sucked into Casteau's little world. Archer enjoys being a sous-chef so much that he doesn't even care about the assignment. Cyril gets bullied into focusing on food prep. Ray is trying to figure out how to get the highest tip. Even Lana allows Casteau to sidetrack her over the proper way to handle callers looking for reservations. Nobody actually pays much attention to protecting the ambassador.
- Did Not Think This Through: Apparently it never occurred to Malory that replacing the professional staff of the restaurant with her own employees would not make for an especially fine dining experience. Also, insisting on eating there the same night as the diplomatic dinner meant that the menu would consist entirely of Albanian cuisine.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Casteau poisoned the ambassador at the request of Barry and Katya.
- Manipulative Bitch: Malory, again. She was the one who made the "vague threat" just so ISIS would be hired for security and she would to be able to dine at the restaurant.
- Mean Boss: Casteau, full stop. His show isn't called "Bastard Chef" for nothing, and he repeatedly prioritizes berating the team over proper food prep or the security detail they're actually there for.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever happened in that one beta fish fight that's going to put Pam $14,000 in debt if she doesn't make good on the next one.
- Shout-Out: It's Hell's Kitchen with Kitchen Nightmares style promotion where the chef rather than the contestants is a genuine asshole.