After one of the Plantars mysteriously runs out the charge on Anne's phone, the family embarks on a mission to try and recharge it.
- Addictive Foreign Soap Opera: Anne manages to get Sprig and Polly hooked on the human soap opera Suspicion Island within a few episodes. She even got Hop Pop hooked, which led him to drain her battery watching the entirety of the Season!
- Archive Binge: Anne stops the Plantar siblings from watching too late in the night specifically because of her In-Universe experience with this trope. Didn't reach Hop Pop, though.
- Artistic License Physics: Let's just say that exposing a cell phone to high-voltage electricity wouldn't charge its battery without damaging it.
- Beyond the Impossible: The Zapapedes charge Anne's phone up to 10,000%. She won't be needing another recharge for a good LONG while. Hop Pop lampshades that "That's a lot of percentages."
- Chain of People: Anne, Sprig and Polly link together to retrieve Hop Pop from the Zapapedes.
- Eye Am Watching You: All the Plantars and Anne do it to each other as they leave to find a Zapapede. Sprig even does it to a clock before he leaves.
- Fanservice: In-universe. Suspicion Island stars four attractive teenagers in skimpy clothing.
- Guilty Pleasures: Hop Pop confesses to being the one who watched all the episodes of Suspicion Island, despite earlier dismissing the show as rubbish.Hop Pop: Hated it? HATED it?! I LOVED IT!
- Hidden Depths: Who knew that Sprig could play violin?
- Human Sacrifice: Hop Pop was willing to do this in order to recharge Anne's phone!Anne: The least you could do is help me fix my phone!
Hop Pop: Fair enough, Anne. How do we bring this thing back to life? Magic? Live sacrifice? I know a guy in town...!
- My God, What Have I Done?: Hop Pop is horrified when the kids nearly kill each other over who watched the show and confesses that he watched the show.
- Not Helping Your Case: Sprig accuses Polly of running down the battery by saying that he heard her get up, but as Polly turns back at him, that means that he was up too if he heard her.
- Only Sane Man: Anne by default, which is not saying much as the Plantars all accuse each other of running down the phone. Then even she gets pulled into the fighting when Sprig accidentally kicks her.
- Person as Verb: Polly and Sprig using the characters from Suspicion Island as slang.Polly: You were trying to Chad her into trusting you!
Sprig: And you're trying to Vivica her into not trusting me!
Polly: Ohhhh, and look at Hop Pop trying to Randy his way out of this!
Hop Pop: I don't even know what that means!
- Ptero Soarer: In Suspicion Island, the teens are attacked by a flock of Pteranodon (called "pterodactyls" as usual) that are, apparently, the clones of Chad's dead brother.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Early on, Polly accuses Hop Pop of running down Anne's phone to prevent them from watching the rest of the show the next day, because he hated it so much. He actually did it because he got even more hooked than they did and stayed up all night watching the rest of the season.
- Rhymes on a Dime: This is the episode where we learn that Sprig is a fiddler, and that he can invent his own song lyrics.Sprig: A family distrusts each other
On a dangerous mission
Like the nearly-naked humans on the island of Suspicion
Rubia, Felicia, and Randy... so hot!
Big island, lost island, we're all Suspicion Island!
- Security Blanket: Anne turns out to be relying on her phone to get by while away from home, as it holds all her videos and picture of her old friends and family. She has a minor nervous breakdown when the charge gets run down and she can't use it.
- Shock and Awe: The Zapapedes are large centipede-like creatures with electrical powers. The Plantars head out to find one to charge Anne's phone.
- Show Within a Show: Suspicion Island, which appears to be a soap opera mashup of Lost and Survivor with teenagers.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Anne realizes grabbing Hop Pop with her bare hands while he's being electrocuted was a bad idea one second after doing so.
- Wingding Eyes: The zapapedes have one + and one - pupil.
- X-Ray Sparks: Hop Pop when he gets shocked by the Zapapedes. Also Anne, Sprig and Polly when they try to save him.