The fifty-third episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Robotnik shrinks Sonic and Tails with a shrink ray and puts them into his terrarium. Sonic and Tails escape and must find a way to reverse the shrink ray.
This episode provides examples of:
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: When Sonic circles clockwise around Scratch, instead of turning his whole body to face him, Scratch merely keeps turning his head.
- Accordion Man: Happens twice to Scratch, both times when he gets Squashed Flat by an oil tanker truck and a load of steel girders, respectively.
- All Webbed Up: While in the spider web, Sonic manages to wrap the web around the spider, trapping it. After he and Tails escape, Tails' tails are stuck together by the web, leaving him unable to fly Sonic to the Shrink Ray.
- Badass in Distress: When Sonic and Tails make it to the Shrink Ray, Robotnik forces them to surrender or he will destroy Mole Mountain and all the Mole Miners working there. Sonic and Tails do so, and Robotnik traps them in a bottle. Sonic and Tails have to be saved by McMole and the Mole Miners
- Brain with a Manual Control: Towards the end of the episode, Sonic and Tails find their way into Scratch and Grounder and control them to turn against Robotnik, save the Mole Miners, and unshrink themselves. Of course, Scratch and Grounder are robots.
- Circling Birdies: When Grounder drops a load of steel girders on Scratch, stars spin around Scratch's head.
- City in a Bottle: Robotnik uses his shrink ray to build a miniature city in his terrarium.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear: This episode ends with a shrunken Robotnik being chased by a hungry cockroach.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: McMole and the Mole Miners use these to climb onto the table that the bottle Sonic and Tails are trapped in is on.
- Green Aesop: This episode's "Sonic Says" segment involves Sonic explaining to the viewers how trash can add up based on their actions, and encourage them to recycle.
- Losing Your Head: When Scratch builds the Shrink Ray, he pulls Grounder's head off his body, having mistaken it for a 50,000-watt battery. He then puts the battery on Grounder's body, causing it to chase him and attack Robotnik.
- Mole Miner: Sonic and Tails work alongside an entire team of these in a coal mine. McMole is their leader.
- Noodle Incident: After Scratch accidentally lets Sonic and Tails escape by removing the stopper to the bottle they're in, Scratch tells Grounder that he didn't tell Robotnik about the time he let Sonic out of the force field cell, and Grounder tells Scratch that he didn't tell Robotnik about the time he drove Robotnik's Egg-O-Matic hovercraft through the garage door. Both these incidents infuriate Robotnik when he hears about them.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Grounder has a bug-eating pet lizard that tries to eat Tails.
- Shout-Out: This episode's title is a reference to the 1989 film, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
- Shrink Ray: Robotnik builds one to shrink key Mobian cities and mine Mobius' natural resources to serve his evil purposes. He shrinks Sonic and Tails, who escape and have to find a way to unshrink themselves.
- Spiders Are Scary: On their way to the Shrink Ray, Sonic and Tails get trapped in a spider web, where they have to avoid getting eaten by a hungry spider.
- A Taste Of His Own Medicine: At the end of the episode, after Sonic and Tails unshrink themselves and save the Mole Miners, they use the Shrink Ray to shrink Robotnik.
- Watch Where You're Going!: While being chased by Scratch and Grounder, Sonic tricks Scratch into following him and Grounder into following Tails so the two robots will run into each other.
- Weapons That Suck: At the end of the first act, Robotnik uses a vacuum cleaner to catch Sonic and Tails.
- You Dirty Rat!: Robotnik has a pet rat that he plans to feed Sonic and Tails to. The Mole Miners later manage to tame the rat so they can attack Robotnik.