The twenty-ninth episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Dr. Robotnik builds a robot son that looks like him, but his pride is soon dashed when Junior realizes he'd rather be on Sonic's side because Sonic is nicer.
This episode provides examples of:
- Bowdlerise: The Toon Disney broadcast of this episode edits the scene where Robotnik introduces Junior to Sonic to cut out a scene where Junior accidentally sprays him in the face with grafitti while trying to do so to Sonic.
- Catchphrase: Junior often says, "Big Whoop!"
- Chekhov's Gun: Shortly after building Junior, Robotnik builds him his own Egg-O-Matic hovercraft. Junior is seen using it near the end of the episode to foil Robotnik's plan to zap Sonic with the Extend-O-Tower.
- Crazy-Prepared: After Sonic manages to escape from the labyrinth that Robotnik traps him in, with the only way out being through a sewer they plan to seal him in, Junior reveals that he put in an extra trap door to the sewer outside the labyrinth, which Sonic falls in.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Prior to Junior turning against him, Robotnik is genuinely happy to have him as a son, which is why he is horrified when Junior tries to save Sonic by flying his Egg-O-Matic hovercraft between Sonic and the lens of Extend-O-Tower.
- Fancy Camping: Robotnik and Junior go camping in their Egg-O-Matic RV, and have Scratch and Grounder build a freeway in the meadow.
- I Owe You My Life: Sonic saves Junior from Scratch and Grounder when the latter two trap him in a cement mixer. Junior decides to return the favor by flying his Egg-O-Matic hovercraft between Sonic and the lens of the Extend-O-Tower Robotnik aims at him to fry him.
- Mustache Vandalism: Played with; when Robotnik shows Junior pictures of his ancestors, Junior uses his can of graffiti to spray such things as big ears and arrows through their heads. This is because most of the pictures already have mustaches.
- Mythology Gag: While in the sewers, Sonic breathes in air bubbles to avoid drowning, much like his canon video game counterpart does in the underwater levels of his games.
- Overlord Jr.: Robotnik creates Junior to carry on his evil legacy, but things turn south for him when Sonic saves Junior, causing the latter to switch sides.
- Peer Pressure Makes You Evil: This is the subject for this episode's "Sonic Says" segment. In it, Sonic is lured into a trap, and Scratch orders Junior to press the button that activates the trap. Junior refuses, and warns Sonic of the trap. After Sonic traps Scratch, he congratulates Junior and explains to him and the viewers that giving into peer pressure is doing things you think are wrong when other people say it's cool.
- Robot Kid: Robotnik invents Junior to be his son, having Junior resemble himself as a child.
- Save the Villain: Sonic saves Junior from Scratch and Grounder when they kick Junior into a cement mixer, which leads to Junior undergoing a HeelFace Turn.
- Solar-Powered Magnifying Glass: Robotnik builds the Extend-O-Tower, a gigantic tower that focuses the rays of the sun into an intense beam, to destroy Sonic. However, his plan is foiled by Junior, who flies his Egg-O-Matic hovercraft between Sonic and the lens.
- Sticky Situation:
- Sonic, disguised as a construction worker, tricks Scratch and Grounder into walking into freshly-laid asphalt so they will get stuck in it and he can run them over with their own steamroller.
- After Sonic rescues Junior, he covers Scratch and Grounder in cement from their cement mixer. This results in Scratch and Grounder being unable to move and Robotnik having Junior carry them back to his fortress.
- Squashed Flat:
- Happens to Scratch and Grounder when Robotnik lets the drawbridge to his fortress down on top of them after coming up with the idea to build himself a son.
- Happens to Scratch and Grounder again when Sonic, disguised as a construction worker, tricks them him into walking into asphalt so he can run them over with their own steamroller. Sonic later uses the steamroller to flatten Robotnik's Egg-O-Matic RV.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Junior originally worked for Robotnik, but turned against him after Sonic saved his life.
- The Unfavorite: In the first half of this episode, Robotnik treats Junior better than he does with Scratch and Grounder. When Junior manages to trap Sonic in the sewer, he suggests doing something really mean to Scratch and Grounder, and Robotnik puts them on laundry duty. This results in Scratch and Grounder trying to get rid of Junior when Robotnik orders them to take him fishing, leading to Sonic rescuing Junior and the latter making a HeelFace Turn.