A mysterious craft invades Ooo and Finn believes it may hold the secrets to his past.
- Attack! Attack... Retreat! Retreat!:Banana Guard: I'll help you, Finn!
(the craft grabs the Banana Guard)
Banana Guard: Help me, Finn!
- Continuity Nod: Marceline recognizes Fern as "that dude that totaled Starchy's motorcycle" after stealing it in "Two Swords".
- For all his talk of "finding himself" Fern is still living on Finn's roof (with Finn's permission of course).
- Fantastic Racism: The craft beats up any and all mutants (i.e. essentially all sapient life in Ooo) whether or not they posed any threat to it.
- Friendship Moment: Marceline chides Princess Bubblegum for giving Finn an aloof sendoff ("It's my boat." "And we care about him, you dingus!"), so PB gives him a talk where she says she understands how important this trip is to Finn, but makes him promise to come home safe.
- Handshake Substitute: Finn and Fern awkwardly attempt this and acknowledge it's pretty terrible.
- Incredibly Lame Fun: In Finn and Jake absence NEPTR's idea of breaking loose is waving a piece of paper back and forth, saying that he's pretending to trash a hotel room.
- Talk to the Fist: Jake smashes the craft right as Finn thinks it might provide answers to his past, forcing them to salvage its information and travel by boat.
- Who's on First?: The craft asks if Mr. Cupcake is "Strong", it's asking his name, but he assumes it was questioning his strength and answers yes.
- The Worf Effect: The ship manages to quickly neutralize the Gumball Guardians.Finn: It took the Guardians down like they was nothin'!