Finn and Jake hunt a shadowy predator and Marceline asks Princess Bubblegum for a favor.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends as Marceline is soaked in sunlight.
- Ironic Echo: PB tells Marcy that when she dies she'll put her in the ground, in reference to Marcy's song telling PB the same thing in "What Was Missing".
- Special Edition Theme Song: The whole Stakes arc has one like the other mini-series.
- Noodle Incident: So what does Marcy says to Finn before she dies of sunlight? To burn down all her diaries because they are very embarrassing. This plot point is never addressed nor even mentioned again.
- Tempting Fate: Marceline dropped her umbrella in the sunlight, trapping her under a tree, but has just enough sunscreen to reach out and get it... and then the wind blows the umbrella away.
- Torches and Pitchforks: The farmers decide to go after Marceline and consider wielding pitchforks, "mob style". One even has a combination torch and pitchfork.
- Wham Episode: Marceline decides she doesn't want to be a vampire anymore, and PB seems to grant that wish.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The villagers have Marceline strapped to a windmill blade awaiting sunrise, to Finn's chagrin. He calls out the leader, who realizes how terrible they're being, and implores Finn to save her.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: PB and Marcy discuss that without being a vampire Marcy will grow old and die. Both seem to agree that it's a good thing.