Cuber must rely on his bag of Graybles to survive while marooned on an alien world.
- Aesop Amnesia: Unless this flashback happens before Flame Princess calls out Bonnibel on her actions in "The Cooler", Princess Bubblegum returns back to her old ways in surveying the entire citizens of Candy Kingdom using her own laptop.
- Given that Bubblegum is wearing the shirt from "Jake the Brick", it seems likely this flashback takes place prior to "The Cooler."
- After the End: Cuber crash lands on the Land of Ooo in the distant future, which is bleak and mostly desolate. Ironically, the Land of Ooo was Earth after the end.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: The "space people" speak Korean. At first it seems like a gag to use an existing language instead of a constructed alien language. But in light of the series finale, it was foreshadowing that the "space wedding" party was actually comprised of descendants of Jake and Lady Rainicorn on one of the Pup Kingdom's spaceships.
- Big Brother Is Watching: This episode has a flashback to when Princess Bubblegum was still spying on her citizens, bugging her citizens with tracking chips in their teeth. Starchie is aware of this and makes a run for it.
- Darker and Edgier: Grayble episodes are normally Lighter and Softer Breather Episodes. This one? Not so much.
- Genius Bonus: Though Cuber claims the episode has no further theme than his survival, the various graybles namedrop the aspects of psychologist Abraham Maslow's famous "hierarchy of needs" (which describe the human drive for survival). This tumblr post helpfully points it out.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Ice King wakes up with his leg broken so often, that he's simply annoyed by it. However, when he fixes his leg, he screams in pain.
- Nominal Hero: Cuber attempts to observe a space wedding, but ends up accidentally hurling the bride into outer space. The rest of the episode is spent watching him desperately attempt to survive as he's hunted across Ooo by the bride's husband-to-be and his guard, and ends with him throwing the space people off of their spaceship and hijacking it for himself- and through all this, Cuber continuously acts like the viewers are supposed to be rooting for him.
- One-Winged Angel: The Ice King in the future (whoever it is) appears to have become a giant Flying Face with an even larger beard. The Grand Finale eventually reveals it to be Gunther.
- People Jars: The future gumball guardian houses the candy people in giant capsules.
- Survival Mantra: Throughout the episode, as he's hunted by the space people, Cuber repeatedly says "Remember the graybles" as he uses them to gain knowledge necessary to survive.
- The Unreveal: Cuber stops by future Marceline's intact house, but he never goes in so we don't know what became of it. Banjo music can be heard playing in the background, so it's possible Marceline still lives there. The Grand Finale does show who lives there, though, and it's not her.