BMOs favorite artists find a new home in the treehouse.
- All There in the Manual: The storyboard translates some of Chips and Ice Cream's dialogue. Understanding what they're saying turns the episode's final scene (Chips and Ice Cream kissing the bird) into a huge Heartwarming Moment. They'd always wanted to be free and see a real bird.
- Batman Gambit: BMO's method of luring Morty back to reenact the transfer ritual in order to intercept it and set the duo free.
- Curse Escape Clause: The transfer ritual needs to be intercepted.
- Demonic Possession: Chips and Ice Cream are referred to as imps and they're cursed to possess people's ears.
- Lunacy: The ritual to transfer a Chips and Ice Cream needs to be performed under the light of the moon.
- Pokémon Speak: Chips and Ice Cream can only say their names.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Morty Rogers was desperate to be free of Chips and Ice Cream but once he is free he grows desperate to get them back.