Lemongrab has become a full blown dictator and his unfortunate subjects are suffering for it. They still wait for Lemonhope to return and free them...but he doesn't care about his brothers and runs away to be "free". Unfortunately, "freedom" leads to him being lost in the middle of the desert...
- Absentee Actor: Jake.
- Achilles in His Tent: Lemonhope refuses to do anything to pursue his apparent destiny of defeating Lemongrab.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Castle Lemongrab is eerily reminiscent of North Korea...
- The Hedonist: Lemonhope cares only for his own personal freedom and gratification.
- In the Blood: Lemonhope may be smarter and more stable than the other Lemon People, but he still has his moments of stupidity and selfishness.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: To be fair, Bubblegum realized her poor choice of words as soon as she'd said it, but using Lemongrab's favorite word, "Unacceptable" did not help the situation.
- Out, Damned Spot!: Lemonhope gets constant nightmares due to his guilty conscience.
- Saharan Shipwreck: Where Lemonhope ends up. (In something of a subversion, it was a sandship, and he stowed away on it.)
- Thirsty Desert: Lemonhope is on the point of dying of thirst in the cliffhanger.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Lemonhope doesn't even care that his siblings (who helped him escape Castle Lemongrab in the first place) are being abused and tortured by their "father".
- Might have a Freudian Excuse in the form of simply not wanting to return to Castle Lemongrab on the basis that he was treated really badly when there, thus having too many bad memories of the place and what might happen to him should he get captured again. It is shown, though (through nightmares no less), that he does have some deep-seated guilt over not helping his people become as free as he is.