A sick Jake asks Finn to tell him "a true story", and Finn goes on an adventure in order to come up with one.
- Acting Unnatural: Finn, while trying to blend into the forest landscape: "Normal guy, forest guy, just like normal forest guy..."
- Brain Bleach: The forest animals' reaction to a face on a cow's udder.Mr. Fox: Yo, put that bag back on!!
- Cannot Spit It Out: All three of the forest animals in the love triangle.
- Caretaker Reversal: Jake gets sick and Finn takes care of him, obeying all of his requests, including the one to find a true story to tell him. At the end of the episode, Finn gets sick as well, and Jake rushes to do everything for him as well... until he realizes that Finn has just fallen asleep.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Finn versus the Teenage Bear.
- Delinquent: The Teenage Bear, vandalizing rocks and trying to pick fights with people.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Disrupt the natural order, even if only by a little? Death by vortex!
- Hypocritical Humor:Mr. Fox: Yeah, what's this friend's name, huh?Finn: Jake.Mr. Fox: Yeah, right. Sounds pretty fake. Come on, Boobafina.
- Kangaroo Court: The Rite of Forest Justice.
- Love Triangle: Boobafina and Mr. Goose are in love with each other and both scared to admit it, while Mr. Fox is in love with Boobafina.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Finn, multiple times, after realizing he's upset the forest animals to try to create a story.
- Reality Ensues: After the wizard trying to kill Finn realizes Finn has actually helped the forest creaturesFinn: So does this mean I get to go free?
Wizard: Your cage is made of sticks, brother. Just kick it apart.
- Speaking Simlish: The ants Finn encounters.Finn: Are y'all in love?
Ant: (looking annoyed while its companion is crying) Labba gina gooda deeda?
Ant: (angrily) Lana giga lala ra!
- Twice Shy: All three of the forest animals in the love triangle are too shy to admit their love.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Jake vomiting spectacularly after Finn feeds him soup.