A makeover suddenly makes the Ice King irresistible to women.
- Big Ball of Violence: There's one at the end of the episode, when the princesses try to shield the "Nice King".
- Chick Magnet: Ice King as "Nice King" becomes this when he shaves off his beard.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Jake groans while laughing at Finn cracking a "close shave" joke at the end.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: At the end of the episode, all the princesses beat up Ice King in a Big Ball of Violence.
- Palatial Sandcastle: The shaven Ice King builds himself a sand palace in a playground to serve as his base of operations.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Ice King as Nice King only lacks his beard and robe, which happen to be the most iconic and recognizable parts of his appearance.
- Shout-Out: The Nice King's clothes are similar to those of Mr. Rogers.
- Sue Donym: An even more extreme example than usual as Ice King didn't even make it up himself. He introduces himself to Slime Princess with "I'm an Ice King", and she mishears it as "I'm a Nice King".
- Take Over the World: Ice King's goal, using the princesses to defend and fight to build his kingdom.
- Telecom Tree: How the princesses find out about Nice King's arrival, complete with multiple little pictures of them spreading across the screen.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Finn is unable to bring himself to punch Lumpy Space Princess, even when she asks him to in order to smooth her lumps out.