When Finn defeats a tyrannical, spank-happy goblin king, he winds up becoming the new ruler, only to find that his subjects insist on doing everything for him.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Because of their bizarre cultural norms, the goblins see Finn brushing his teeth by himself and trying to return stolen property as proof that he's just as evil as Xergiok.
- The Caligula: Xergiok was this as a ruler.
- Exit Villain Stage Left: Xergiok teleports away when first defeated, and unsuccessfully tries to the second time.
- Extreme Doormat: The goblins are completely obedient to the old king's ways out of paranoia.
- For the Evulz: Xergiok even smacked a goblin doing a marriage proposal for no reason.
- Fusion Dance: Finn climbs into Jake's mouth and wears him like a costume, to disguise himself for the second fight with Xergiok.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Xergiok is defeated in his rematch with Finn by inadvertently teleporting into the path of one of his deflected fireballs.
- Jerkass: Xergiok, he was a complete jerk to the goblins.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Gummy prevents Finn from doing anything at all as goblin king, because the Royal Rules effectively strip the king of all power.
- Noodle Incident: At one point a wizard cursed Jake to have his insides smell like vanilla.
- Properly Paranoid: The goblins are very frightened to defy Finn due to their abused past with Xergiok.
- A Villain Named "Z__rg": Xergiok (the X in his name is pronounced as a Z sound)
- Weaksauce Weakness: Earclopses can be stunned by any kind of loud noise.