Finn struggles with his morality after Princess Bubblegum tells him to kidnap the Ice King for no apparent reason.
- As You Know:
- Bad "Bad Acting": Finn pretending to die so the Ice King will wail in anguish.
- Comically Missing the Point:
Princess Bubblegum: Please... I beseech your aid, in the name of common decency!
Ice King: Sooo, lemme get this straight... You're hitting on me.
Princess Bubblegum: (angrily) NOOO!
- Both Sides Havea Point: Even though she poorly communicated, Princess Bubblegum needed Ice Kings howls to cure her people.
- Finn also said how he cant beat up the Ice King for nothing because thats against his heroes code.
- Faking the Dead: Finn does this to Ice King to make him feel remorse. It works.
- Flipping the Table: Done by Princess Bubblegum, both in the title card and the cartoon proper.
- Foreshadowing: The Ice Crown crying is played for laughs, but it's the first sign that the crown is sentient.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The page in Bubblegum's book that depicts Ice King's screams as the cure has 5318008 on the other page ("boobies" spelled with numbers backwards).
- Gratuitous German: Bubblegum's first line in the episode is "ich bin hier," German for "I'm here," and she shouts in German at the end while trying to flip the cot before fainting on top of it when her people are saved.
Princess Bubblegum: Ich bin so glücklich, ich könnte, ich könnte... (faints)note
- Heel Realization: Princess Bubblegum has this when Finn pointed out to her that he cant just beat up people if they didnt mean to cause harm.
- Not Me This Time: The Ice King insists he's "committed no recent crime". Turns out he is the cause of the plague affecting the Candy People, only accidentally.
- Poor Communication Kills: If only the princess had explained sooner why she wanted the Ice King, it could have avoided a lot of trouble.
- Running Gag: Princess Bubblegum flipping tables out of anger. Subverted at the end, where it looks like she's about to flip a cot, but instead she collapses on it.
- Title Drop: Bubblegum shouts "What have you done?!" when she learns Finn and Jake decided to free the Ice King.