A BBC Radio Four series based on discovered letters about two horses - one French and one English - who are in love, Marengo and Copenhagen. This is a bit of a problem as they are warhorses on opposing sides in the Napoleonic wars.
Contains examples of:
- As You Know - Used extensively and knowingly.
- “... you have to remember that all horses get arbitrarily given the same birthday, which is January the 1st. Oh wait, you don't have to remember, because you are also a horse.”
- Camp Gay - "Oh my horsey God!"
- Epistolary Radio Series
- Girlfriend in Canada - Marcie's girlfriend, now supposedly dead.
- Historical Domain Character - Well, Napoleon and Wellington really did have horses called Marengo and Copenhagen.
- May–December Romance - At the start of the series, Copenhagen "is only two but [Marengo is] at least twelve, but that also doesn't matter for horses, As You Know".
- Stalker with a Crush - Marcie to Marengo. Copenhagen sees it; Marengo doesn't.
- War Is Hell