The show featured the humorous adventures of a teenage boy named Archie Andrews, his best friend Jughead, and Archie's two love interests Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge.
The Adventures of Archie Andrews provides examples of:
- Betty and Veronica: Actually subverted. Archie is Veronica's boyfriend with Betty being Archie's Childhood Friend. The romance between Archie and Betty isn't focused on. This is because the love triangle wasn't as pronounced when the show began.
- Catchphrase: Jughead's "Relax, Archie, relax!" said at the beginning of the show.
- Early Adaptation Weirdness: As the oldest adaptation, The Adventures Of Archie Andrews contains a lot of early weirdness. For example, Betty has her original girlier personality, the Betty and Veronica dynamic is heavily downplayed (due to Archie only dating Veronica), and Veronica has an Unexplained Accent that was fixed in later adaptations starting in the 1980s.
- Late for School: One show has Archie waking up for school at 8:10. He did set his alarm earlier but decided to go back to bed at 7. He accidentally fell asleep and had to be woken up by his mother. Hilarity Ensues as Archie and his friends try to get to school on time.
- Product Placement: One segment has a character arrive at Archie's just to talk with his dad about how good Swift's Premium Franks are and how fresh they are. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek as, at the same time, Archie is shouting at his dad in a panic because he's trying to get ready for a date with Veronica:Man: But I sure hope Veronica's mother serves those wonderful Swift's Premium Franks, made of delicious pork and tender beef
Fred: Mm-hm, yes, but right now I'm beginning to hope they give Archie bread and water.
- Southern Belle: Veronica is depicted as a rich Southern girl.
- Unexplained Accent: Veronica has a Southern accent despite being either from Boston or NYC.