Two-hour internet radio program hosted by comedian Stu Shostak from Chatsworth, California, which debuted in late 2006. The show's tagline, "TV On the Radio for Baby Boomers", reflects the theme of interviewing celebrity actors, writers, and historians from the "golden age" of television and film.
Interviewed guests have included June Foray, Stan Freberg, Jerry Beck, Mark Evanier, Earl Kress, Ed Asner, Jack Riley, Fred Travalena, Bill Mumy, Gary Owens, Randy West, Teresa Ganzel, Janet Waldo, Dr. Demento, Christopher Knight, Alan Young, and many more.
The show can be heard here, with a new episode each Wednesday at 4:00 PM Pacific (7:00 PM Eastern).
This show provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Stu has many, including...
- Cloudcuckoolander: Nobody's ever very straight-laced on this show. Janet Waldo, Teresa Ganzel, Earl Kress, and Mark Evanier are probably the only real cases of this trope, though.
- Cluster F-Bomb: William Schalert.
- Dumb Blonde: Teresa Ganzel invokes/exploits this. She pretends to be one sometimes.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: The earlier shows from 2006 and some of 2007 had a more laid-back feel. Stu was more calm and collected, interviews were more straight-laced (but still had humorous moments here and there), phone calls from listeners were more regular, and Stu often had trivia contests for listeners (usually just before commercial breaks). The contests have since been relegated to the New Year's Eve or Christmas specials, as contests tended to detract from the interviews.
- Stock Sound Effects
- Take That!: Stu enjoys laying insults to people in the business industry he doesn't think highly of. Pop singer Tiffany is probably numero uno on his hit list.
- Take That, Audience!: Stu sometimes insults his listeners, or fan e-mails. All in jest, though.
- Take That Me: Yes, he will insult himself sometimes.