Season One broadcast in 2016 on KMRE 102.3 FM and is available to stream or download for free here
This show provides examples of:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: June and David make use of these in The Sehome Scare
- Brilliant, but Lazy: David has a pretty relaxed approach to reporting, a fact that catches up with him in the Holiday Special.
- The Coconut Effect: The sound effects are alternately very effective and hilariously bad.
- Flesh Golem: Episodes 3 and 4 has this in spades.
- The Great Depression: Set during the Depression, the show frequently ties in historical events from that period.
- Masquerade Ball: The setting for the grand finale
- Occult Detective: June quickly settles into this role after the first episode.
- Shown Their Work: Even the background dialogue is loaded with references to local historic events from the period (construction of the Grand Coulee Dam, the championship winning University of Washington football team, or the invention of a new board game "Monopoly")
- Town with a Dark Secret: Bellingham serves as this in Season One - how much of this is historical versus reality is left up to the listener to decide.