open/close all folders
- The arcade cabinets in the arcade venue. Apparently there are people in the Rock Band universe with initials like "FUK", "ASS" and "POO". That's right, Rock Band got away with an F-bomb in a T-rated game. And at least one arcade cabinet, which shares a screen with the tour bus video game, has the score listed as 69/420.
- The game shows Nevermind's Contemptible Cover fully uncensored, the penis fully visible.
Lyrics - T-Rated
- "Rock Your Socks" by Tenacious D has Jack Black saying "Drop trou, and squeeze out a Cleveland Steamer on my chest." Additionally, they didn't even bother to edit the preview track, which results in "shit" being blurted out, plain as day, twice.
- Stupify by Disturbed actually leaves the swearing in because you can't understand what they're saying anyway. It's rendered in the lyrics as random yelling.
- "The Beatles'" "Girl" they actually charted "Tit" in the harmony vocals!
- "Longview" in Green Day: Rock Band contains the line "And I smell like shit" a few times, with the "shit" being drawn out for a while. The game reads this as "And I smell like shiiiiiiiiiii..." (it's actually written "shih" in the lyrics highway).
- Rock Band 2 gives us "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull. For those who don't know, the title character is implied to be a pedophile, with lyrics that mention him "eyeing little girls with bad intent" and "watching as the frilly panties run".
- A rather confusing example: "Feel Good Inc." is included and is censored... for the most part. There's a part near the end of the song where De La Soul is singing-according to the game's lyrics-"Don't stop, get it get it", but some sources claim that he's singing a Precision S-Strike. Basically, it's unclear if the game is exploiting a Mondegreen or not, especially when you consider that it's the same situation when they play the song on the radio. note
- According to a common rumor (which was confirmed by Word of God), the chorus to "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga doesn't go "P-p-poker face" but "fuh-fuh-fuck her face". It's up to the player to choose whether to sing according to the on-screen prompt or the rumor.
Lyrics - E-Rated
- Somehow, the DLC song "Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground is considered "Family Friendly".
- The kid's game, Lego Rock Band, which is rated for ages 10 and older. It still encourages singers to use the word "hell" and the phrase "willing to please" (in non-innocent context), plus Summer Of '69 for what that's worth That said, quite a few fairly non-offensive songs aren't allowed in, such as Caprici Di Diablo which has no lyrics at all.
- Songs that are "family friendly" as labeled on the online song list are the only songs you can play on Lego Rock Band. Apparently "Girls on Film" is family friendly, going by the idea that it's about female models.
- The lyrics of "Word Up!" by Korn seem to be an indirect order or criticism of the loose usage of the word "Fuck" in society, the fact that this made it into the Family-Friendly game is kind of hilarious.